Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Golf

John McClane I'm not.  I love my Rangers, but it's over.  If you go to the game Wednesday, give the team a huge cheer whether they win or lose, because they gave us a heckuva ride, but they're not coming back.  I am officially calling "Wait till Next Year."

Golf is my euphemism for the end of the season, as in The Knicks have been playing gold for 2 months now.  I once said that if I were a coach of a team, I would have a set of golf clubs and if I thought a player was dogging it, I'd put the clubs by their locker.  These guys didn't dog it.  They were great.  In a few days, though, they'll be playing golf.

When the Kings scored with a second left in the first, I felt like I was punched in the stomach.  A friend who was at the Garden, told me that the place was silent even before the goal.  I will say this about the Kings.  They shoot that puck.  They shoot from just about anywhere, and they put it on net.

If you are looking for good news in this post, take heart that my predictions aren't worth the paper they're printed on, and they're not even printed on paper.  Oh, yeah, and Potvin still sucks.

How many years until Islander's fans start chanting 1994?

No comments:

Post a Comment