Sunday, June 8, 2014

Far From Over

Wow!  Coming home down 2 games to none.  This LA team is good!  However, so are we.  They say that no series begins until you lose a game at home.  "They" are stupid.  If that were true, then the Kings could win the series 4-3 and hoist the cup before the series ever started.  Of course, it doesn't exactly work that way.

Sure, we've given up 2 goal leads in both games.  But that also means we had 2 goal leads in both games.  By the way, even though I say "we," I do realize that I'm not actually playing, and good for us.  I was never very good at hockey in the first place, and now I'm old and not very good.

If you love hockey, and let's face it, you either love hockey or you don't watch hockey, nobody just "likes" it (except on facebook where they don't have a "love" button), you have got to be loving the action thus far.  Nobody on the Rangers is thinking about throwing in the towel.  They faced elimination down 3 games to 1 going into Pittsburgh.  Likewise, the Kings are not about to relax.  They've been down 3 games to none and come back.

Right now I feel like Willie Wonka (the original) saying "The Suspense is terrible, I hope it'll last."  I had predicted Rangers in 6 mostly because I want them to clinch it on home ice, so I'm going to stick with that unless it becomes impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment